On this upcoming lovely day of lips, hearts, the cherubs Eros and Love, and their sharp little arrows from clouds above, nailing many a smitten people in the butt-cheeks every February 14th without fail, I’d like to pay tribute to these cunning sharpshooters with chubby bellies and flappy wings.
As I began to first imagine and draft this blog-post in my head thinking about all the benefits to be loved and to love, why and with who (or whom), I eventually realized that these Cupids might not have the most precise aim or in ideal match-making, especially when it comes to us often barbaric, dense-headed heterosexual men! 😬
Case and point, according to LittleThings.com …
Great Reasons to be A Woman
- Women live longer, typically healthier lives.
- Women have stronger immune systems.
- Women are fantastic leaders.
- Women handle stress pretty damn well.
- Women have a greater capacity to hold on to profound memories and moments.
- Women are flat out cleaner when it comes to housekeeping and hygiene.
- Women have acutely stronger senses.
- Women are great multitaskers.
- Women have become more and more financially independent.
- Women have stronger hearts, literally.
Now gentlemen, what do we offer in life for the lovely ladies to get excited about? What are we near-primate heterosexual men like to thrill the beautiful lasses and make their hearts leap and go pitter-patty? Hmm, this shouldn’t be too hard, right?
Great Reasons to Love A Man – Compared to Reasons Above!
- We get a gold-star and lots of credit for even the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
- Our undergarments are $15 for a three-pack, and that’s not even on sale.
- We are incapable of seeing wrinkles in our clothes.
- We do not need to shave below our neck.
- One wallet, one pair of shoes, one color, all seasons covered, for years!
- We only know the actual names of (maybe?) five colors of the spectrum.
- We can trust our buddies/mates to NEVER trap us with the trick question: “So, notice anything different?”
- We can do our fingernails either with our teeth, or a pocketknife.
- Wedding dress: $2,700 — Tuxedo rental: $100.
- Gray hair and skin wrinkles add more character.
- Holiday shopping can be accomplished for 25-30 relatives and friends, on December 24th, in 45-mins or less.
- If another Neanderthal man shows up at our party in the same outfit, we might become lifelong pals/mates.
Now, when we look and compare these two lists, I mean, COME ON gals! Is it any wonder why we bring so much to the Den of Love & Everlasting Romance!? 💞💘 And on a final note…
One day a typical Neanderthal-primate man spotted an old lamp by the roadside. He picked it up, rubbed it vigorously, and out popped this magical Genie.
“I will grant you your fondest wish this day.”
The man racked his dense cranium for several moments in an effort to get this decision just perfect, then in brilliant excitement he said, “I want a spectacular job, a job that no man on Earth has ever succeeded at or has ever attempted to do in all of history!”
“Granted,” said the Genie and POOF! There was a cloud of smoke and sparkly pixie-dust.
“You are a woman and housewife.”
Live Well – Love Much – Laugh Often – Learn Always – Men, Beg for More Forgiveness! 😉
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at https://professortaboo.com/contact-me/.
Hmmmmm … it’s nice to see a guy who appreciates the attributes of we women. But, I must tell you that for every (+) we also have a (-). Women can be catty, coy, devious, back-stabbing, and much more. With guys, it’s much more wysiwyg, to recall a term from the early days of Microsoft Office! But alas, some people actually do manage to find that one person who they can happily spend the rest of their life with, and for them, love is beautiful! I’m happy for them! Me … I love my cats! 💖💖💖💖💖
LikeLiked by 2 people
I too love cats Jill! My favorite pet(s) next to a gorgeous aquarium of colorful, intriguing fish—both together very relaxing, calming, animals—until the feline gets too curious with his/her paw in the water, right? 😉
Parrots are my 3rd most favorite, especially the highly intelligent talking ones—unless one has too many private secrets to keep hidden from nosy friends, family, and neighbors, right? They’ll spew out all your most “intimate” secrets to ANYONE who asks them! Think twice before owning a very smart, blabbering parrot! 😬
LikeLiked by 2 people
Ahhhh … back in the day, I loved my 55-gallon aquarium with the beautiful, colourful fish! Given that I worked sometimes 16-hour days, it got to be more than I could take care of, and I gave it to a friend. Kept my dog, Gomer, though, for he was my soul-mate at the time.
I’ve never had a bird family member, but my dear friend David is a lover of birds and has a budgie for a housemate!
Good try, PT. When it cones to love, men have one key thing — pheromones. Women are mostly attracted by something we barely even know we have, and cannot control.
And women have these things called pheromone detectors. Only, they can control them.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Haha! 😄 True. And we cannot even repair our own microRNA on our X chromosones and stay healthier! I’d imagine that in 100k–200k years we men won’t be of much use anymore and then we’ll go extinct. 🤭
LikeLiked by 1 person
… Where Art Tho? 😉